Tuesday, November 11, 2008

toronto















i walked the labyrinth pictured above in downtown toronto last week, after stumbling upon it with a dear friend. never walked one before. instructions at the beginning say to pose your question or intention & you will have an answer by the center.

really...?

it was an interesting experience. she knew of it b/c one of the teachers in our lineage had found it, walked it, and told her about it... knowing that elders had walked the same path before us was a very tangible feeling. i felt gurus there with me (and according to the psychic i recently encountered, apparently i have a group of old men yogis surrounding me. i love it. and yes, folks, she also said i should write a book...) the mental reaction of enjoying straight-aways and suddenly coming to a corner was interesting. practicing trust - letting the path unfold and trying not to give in to the desire to raise your gaze & check your progress. existence of other meditative souls surrounding you, walking on the same path. people that joined as we walked, almost like we encouraged them to try it in public. the lady (pictured above) who when realizing i was going the other direction, got frazzled & said she must be going the wrong way. i considered, then had to break my silence to encourage her and tell her that i was on my way out - thus our passing. the girl who jumped up and down and squealed "i did one of these in prison..."

and yes, i got my answer. i made my decision. maybe i knew it all along & finally acknowledged it. or as a friend said - i'd already made my decision & was seeking permission. this phrase "giving myself permission" has been running through my head a lot lately. seems im the last one to allow myself.

finally giving myself permission,
c.

No comments: