Monday, September 15, 2008

meet the disciplinarian

im hearing at work that im too nice.
why cant it be that way?
must i really make examples out of people's mistakes in front of the group?
act like a parent or a mean substitute teacher who is being taken advantage of
and put my foot down
cant we all just get along :)
seriously, doesnt everyone just want to do good work?
make a little bit of positive change
do something good and decent for others
i try to understand other people's motivations
but i dont comprehend working for fame, money, power...
do i need to worry about instilling confidence and motivation when im disgusted with performance levels?
today i stopped myself from getting saddened about it
i was seriously starting to let it get to me
but why should lack of performance by others affect my emotional state
especially if they seemingly dont care?
i have to believe that its not a reflection on me at this early stage in the game
and just keep trying
on the docket for tomorrow: public questioning about why things are past deadline.
send me grace.
c.

No comments: