Thursday, October 8, 2009

it's a special day!


















it's a special day, and you're invited to the party!

today, (in my yoga class) we're celebrating... our failures!

and thanking for the lessons learned, all the ways we learned not to do it, and the things we learned about ourselves in the process! loving up the hindsight that shows how disastrous all those things we cried for, sweated over, and begged for would have been if those prayers were answered.

how many times did the eventual blessings far exceed the original plea?

thank god for failure!

Thomas Edison (that's him up top) failed thousands of times attempting to create the lightbulb... when asked, his response was:

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

love me some Tommy!

Martin Sexton sings a whole song about Failure... here's the chorus gem...

Thank god for failure
And the things I couldn’t do...
For making the dreams that chose me
Come true

New day, new perspective, now whatcha goin' do with the learning?

We're breathin' the same air,
c.

No comments: