Friday, April 18, 2008

cleanse goes on the road (day 18)













i'm packed! my mind that is... packed full of things that need to blow out the top of the car. i leave today for a weekend spent receiving teachings from the Dalai Lama. i get choked up about the spiritual opportunities ive been granted. early on, i questioned Why Me? my doubt has matured into knock down, drag out AWE. it's been my experience that when initially in the presence of a spiritual master, i start to cry. such love and acceptance radiates from these beings that it gets right through all the armor. i keep pinching myself: i am going to receive teachings from the Dalai Lama himself! the being that millions of people on this planet revere as the reincarnation of Buddha! i don't know why me. but i promise to do my best to stop bawling and learn as much as i can on Wisdom & Compassion for everyone's benefit.

Dedication of Merit
May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
May all beings never be parted from freedom's true joy.
May all beings dwell in equanimity, free from attachment and aversion.

i received an email yesterday that said this:

I am aware that a group of Chinese Students have applied for permission to stage a demonstration during this weekend's teaching. We support all non-violent expression of free speech and expect anyone attending the teaching to respect that right of expression without confrontation. We do not anticipate these demonstrations to interfere with any of our programs.
-Galek Rinpoche, founder of Jewelheart

and this:

The hosting of the Olympic games this year is a matter of great pride to the 1.2 billion Chinese people. I have from the very beginning supported the holding of these Games in Beijing. My position on this remains unchanged. I feel the Tibetans should not cause any hindrance to the Games. It is the legitimate right of every Tibetan to struggle for their freedoms and rights. On the other hand, it will be futile and not helpful to anyone if we do something that will create hatred in the minds of the Chinese people. On the contrary, we need to foster trust and respect in our hearts in order to create a harmonious society, as this cannot be built on the basis of force and intimidation. - His Holiness Dalai Lama

wow. i feel firmly on the side of Truth... which further reminds me of this:

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS." -Gandhi

Patty Griffin, one of my favorite singers, has a line in her song Big Love that i'm reminded of on days like toay: "Today my heart is big and sore. It's tryin' to push right through my skin."

In all that is Good and True,
c.

No comments: