Monday, July 28, 2008

bathroom mirror inspiration

a good friend, passing through buffalo, is staying with me tonite. i just read her a bedtime story (of a yogi's pilgrimmage, but of course ;) and tucked her in.

sidestory... i write inspiration in eyeliner on my bathroom mirror... like the Follow Your Bliss reminder i scribbled in the bathroom at my old house, which is likely what sold it... it's just one of those weird things that keeps me movin'... i've said before, my Teacher said he started doing the same when he met his guru, so i don't feel quite so crazy... last night, i needed some inspiration and nothing was forthcoming. i told myself to listen today b/c i would receive it.

over dinner, she said to me that she was having a tricky time of it and had recalled Pema Chodron's advice: "Lean into it."

there it was. one of my favorites - now (again) written prominently on the bathroom mirror. so we discussed how tricky yet luscious that can be... and i pointed out, at least it wasn't this quote of Pema's...

"only to the extent that we expose ourselves over and over to annihilation can that which is indestructible be found in us"

whew! :) in the words of my sis, "gotta love it."
c.

p.s. i've heard there have been some mighty shake-ups in cleveland the past few days, including that coucilman cimperman's house burned down. joe & nora: sending you love & support! hang tough, clev!

No comments: