Monday, July 7, 2008

nature appreciation at 80mph

i almost hit this on the way home from buffalo tonite
















i surely would have driven off the road, instead of almost, as it were, had it looked like this...















it was standing watching traffic go by. the colors in its plumage (meet my wanna-be-sr. citizen-Audubon personality) are so amazing. truly spectacular... though i could do w/o that red gizzard thingie. ick.
c.

p.s. An Open Letter to the PA DOT,
I am learning patience. I appreciate tests of my patience such as yours and I thank you for only having the westbound lanes of 90 down to one lane on my way home, b/c had you compressed eastbound traffic when I had somewhere to be, I might have joined the ranks of psychotic shoulder-driving madmen. However, I just have one question regarding the single lane that took me 2 hours of painful stop and go traffic to navigate with no apparent reason: WHY?

p.p.s. twofold props of the day go out to the semi truck driver who kept me apprised of the traffic situation as it came in over his 2-way. being topless in bumper to bumper has its benefits. and to the harley rider i leapfrogged with most of the way home, who i lost when he pulled over to make sure a broken down biker was ok. not only was his selfless act commendable in its own right, but it also doubly inspired me. cool.

No comments: